Maintenance Technician — Job Summary and Mission
This job contributes to the success of Palisades Property Management by maintaining the day-to-day operations and to assume responsibility for maintaining the physical asset of the property under the direction of the Property Manager.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY TO INCLUDE (but not limited to):
• Responsible for the completion of all maintenance service requests as assigned.
• Complete make-ready process of vacant apartments as directed by the Property Manager.
• Work within expense limits established.
• Maintain inventory controls for cost effective operations.
• Schedule and complete the “Preventative Maintenance Program”.
• Coordinate special projects as directed by the Property Manager.
• Assist in monitoring all work being performed by outside contractors.
• Monitor and maintain all building systems as assigned.
• Complete grounds work as directed by Property Manager which may include picking up trash, sweeping curb and dumpster areas and maintaining landscaping beds and other areas.
• Responsible for alerting the Property Manager of any unusual occurrence and/or damage that have taken place or that may occur.
• Complete payroll time sheets and mileage reimbursement and submit to supervisor as determined
• Maintain a professional courteous manner with all residents, vendors, contractors, and fellow employees.
• Assure safety standards are used which comply with all company, local, City, State and Federal guidelines.
• Ensure compliance of all work related activities in a fair, ethical, and consistent manner.
• Follow established company policies and those outlined in the Employee Guidebook.
• This job requires exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly.
• Special projects and other responsibilities as may be determined.
*This job does require that you have a reliable vehicle that can transport materials daily. Materials including but not limited to; paint, ladders, garbage ect. Mileage is reimbursed at the federal rate which is currently .54 cents per mile.
*Experience in painting, minor plumbing, minor electrical and construction required. Experience in apartment maintenance preferred.
*This job requires that you supply your own basic tools to carry daily.
compensation: hourly wage based on experience. Base pay starting $18-22 starting depending on skill level.
employment type: full-time
Made in Portland, Oregon for iRentPDX © by Common Good Communication